Effective August 24, 2016
This privacy statement describes how EMailGPS collects and uses the information it collects from your desktop web browser, or mobile device including both applications and web, and information that you provide about your advertising interests. You can provide this information to EMailGPS by accessing EMailGPS Interests through an ad provided by one of EMailGPS’s advertising or data partners.
Collection and Use
EMailGPS takes a Privacy by Design approach making respecting your privacy the default setting by collecting information about your interests only when you voluntarily provide that information to us. Information about your interests includes ad categories that interest or do not interest you such as auto, dating, travel, etc. or whether you want to receive interest-based ads.
We may collect one or more of the following advertising identifiers from your desktop or mobile device such as:
- Android ID
- Other Ad Network identifier that is stored in a cookie if you access EMailGPS Interests through your desktop or mobile web browser
We collect these identifiers solely to associate your interests so advertising networks and data partners can honor them. The identifiers collected from your device depend on your device’s operating system (e.g. iOS, Android) and whether you accessed EMailGPS Interests from an application, or a desktop or mobile website.
We use this information to:
- Apply your device specific interests for both mobile apps and mobile websites.
- Create a non-permanent unique ID within EMailGPS’s system for the purpose of storing and communicating interests within EMailGPS’s internal platform.
- Communicate and share your interests to advertising and data partners including whether you want to receive interest-based ads.
- Enable advertising and data partners to honor your interests according to the preferences you have set.
You can view and modify your interests, including choosing not to receive interest-based ads, at any time by emailing us at marketing@eMailGPSInc.com.
You also have the option to provide us your email address. EMailGPS will use your email address to notify the ability to create an account allowing you to manage your preferences across multiple devices when the service is available. If your email address changes, please just enter your new address into the email signup form. To request deletion of your email address from our system email legal@eMailGPS.com.
Tracking and Ads
EMailGPS uses IDFA, Android ID, or its own unique identifier to track users from either an application, or desktop or mobile websites that access EMailGPS Interests to associate information you provide about your interests, and recognize you when you return.
EMailGPS will share the collected device identifiers, your unique EMailGPS created ID, and your stated interests with our advertising and data partners to manage your interests and enable the advertising partner to honor those interests. EMailGPS works with advertising and data partners that have had their data collection, use, and sharing practices certified under industry frameworks that ensure those companies have responsible data management practices. Examples of these industry frameworks include EMailGPS, Digital Advertising Alliance – US, Canada, and Europe, and the Network Advertising Initiative.
Your email address will not be shared with EMailGPS’s advertising and data partners.
We will disclose your information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take commercially reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a written government request.
- If EMailGPS becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, we will provide notice before personally identifying information becomes subject to a different privacy statement.
We will store your device identifiers as long as commercially reasonable and as needed to manage and communicate your interests.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to; or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your information. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt the transmission of your device identifiers, and advertising interests to ad and data companies.
EMailGPS complies with self-regulatory frameworks for interest-based advertising set forth by the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US (DAA), Canada (DAAC), and Europe (EDAA).
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time. If we change this privacy statement in ways that affect how we use your information, we will advise you of choices you may have as a result of those changes. We will also post a notice on the EMailGPS Interests page of our website to inform users of such changes to our Privacy Statement.
If you have feedback, questions, or concerns about this privacy statement or EMailGPS Interests you may contact EMailGPS at:
1712 Pioneer Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82001